Introducing a FREE summer program at ArtServe in Fort Lauderdale to help you start your own theater company, develop your own production and produce a short play festival;
TO PLAY A PART IS EASY
• Fill out the application
• Tell us about your dream
• Provide examples of your creativity
SUPPORT MATERIALS REQUIRED: (File cannot exceed 3MB)
• A 2-page outline of your play or production concept
• Refereneces from school and life, including contact info
• Bio or creative resume
10 students will be accepted into this free summer
program and short play festival. Apply now.
Deadline: May 10, 2018 • 5pm
What do prior TEEN ARTREPRENEURS & their parents say about the program?
“I have always wanted to do something creative in my life and hopefully for a living. Now, after I wrote and produced my first play with Teen ARTrepreneurs and the Short Play Festival, I feel this dream could ACTUALLY happen!” - ALEXIS (18)
“I came into the program and would wear a mask to hide my true self. I’d try to be what I thought others wanted me to be - and it got me into trouble. ARTrepreneurs gave me the confidence to be myself. And I really believe the program has saved my life.” - ZION (17), whose play was inspired by the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, which occurred the night before ARTrepreneurs 2016 began
“I know my family loves me - even though we fight a lot. They don’t believe in my desire to have a career in the arts. My commitment to this summer program and the Play Festival proved to them (and me)...that it’s a legit career!” - YESENIA (16)
“My daughter had a large number of opportunities this summer working with two summer camps and two theaters when she was accepted into the ARTrepreneurs program. She made the decision to decline other projects because she felt merging arts and business was unique. She was right! She blossomed in confidence and focus. I wish we had this program around when I was a teenager!” - CASEY'S (18) DAD
ARTrepreneurs 2018 APPLICATION FORM
We are seeking students with an interest in a performing arts career and the desire to launch their own theatre project. Up to ten creative and committed students, ages 16-19, will be accepted into this FREE 8-week summer workshop that will begin to build a foundation for launching your own company, and developing the business knowledge needed to have a career in the arts arena. This highly collaborative summer program culminates with a live presentation of original artistic work in a 2-day Short Play Festival.
Qualified applicant must meet the following criteria:
1) Must be a student between the ages of 16-19.
2) Must be able to attend ALL scheduled classes and rehearsals with no exceptions. Weekday sessions from 10am – 2 pm, running June 25 – August 15. Rehearsal schedules are from July 25 -August 13, and will occur on weekdays, weekends and evenings during the week.
3) Must attend an interview with a parent or guardian if they are considered finalist for the program (unless over the age of 18).
4) Must submit a completed application by 5 pm on April 30, 2018 with the required items
Thank you for your interest in being a part of this innovative program at ArtServe. Your application must be submitted by 5:00 pm, April 30, 2018. Applicants will be notified of final acceptance by Friday, May 10, 2018 or sooner.