Exhibition on Display: October 9 - December 27, 2019
VIP Reception: Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 6pm - 9pm, $75; includes gourmet bites, open wine bar, mingling with cultural leaders and live performances.
Community Reception: Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 3pm - 5pm, $20; free entry for children 12 and under. Includes pizza, punch and art activities for kids.
Featuring curated samplings in visual and performing arts, ArtServe’s 30th Anniversary Season Preview gives audiences a sneak peek at the organization’s 2019-2020 artistic offerings. The immersive, multi-disciplinary showcase includes vibrant, thought-provoking and enriching explorations of culture, spirituality, identity and ecology in an ever-fragile world.
In alignment with ArtServe’s position as a Creative Laboratory, this special season was born out of a series of listening sessions with artists, collaborations with South Florida curators and dialogues with community leaders in areas ranging from arts advocacy to social service.
All proceeds and philanthropic gifts support ArtServe’s artistic, educational and public service goals.
About the 30th Anniversary Season Preview
Get an exclusive peek at ArtServe’s 2019-2020 artistic season, including multi-disciplinary explorations of the African Diaspora, South Florida’s fragile environment, cultural identity and so much more. The immersive exhibition includes:
- A preview of ArtServe’s 30th Anniversary artistic season
- Special performances in music, dance and more
- A gallery display by local visual artists, both emerging and accomplished
- A presentation by ArtServe’s executive and artistic leadership that articulates ArtServe's role as a Creative Laboratory
During the VIP Preview Night on October 12, ArtServe will recognize several of South Florida’s most respected arts influencers and organizations for their contributions to the region’s arts and culture landscape.*
The evening’s recipients of the Arts & Culture Visionary Award include:
- City of Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis
- City of Fort Lauderdale Commissioner Steve Glassman
- Broward Cultural Division, represented by Director Phillip Dunlap
Previous recipients of the Arts & Culture Visionary Award include:
- Broward Cultural Council Vice Chair Darran Blake
- Renowned South Florida artist George Gadson
- Art Fort Lauderdale and Choose954 co-founders Andrew Martineau and Evan Snow
- Broward Cultural Council Chair Jodi Jeffreys-Tanner of Las Olas Capital Arts
- WLRN, South Florida’s NPR and PBS TV station
*In celebration of ArtServe’s 30th anniversary this year, a total of 30 honorees will be recognized at similar VIP events across the upcoming artistic season.
Ongoing Exhibit Information
On display until December 27 in the ArtServe gallery; admission to the ongoing visual art exhibition is free and does not include performances. ArtServe gallery hours are Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.