Exhibition on Display: October 9 - December 27, 2019
It’s our 30th birthday – please accept our gift to you!
We cordially invite you to visit our 2020 preview – an immersive journey celebrating the African Diaspora, diverse voices, and the planet where human emotions mingle and dance. The immersive, multidisciplinary showcase explores culture, spirituality, identity and ecology in an ever-fragile world.
We’ve curated this season in the spirit of our new Creative Laboratory approach, at the heart of which is you. Each show reflects our listening sessions with artists, collaborations with South Florida curators, and dialogue with community leaders in areas ranging from arts advocacy to social service.
To commemorate our 30th anniversary -- and celebrate where we're going -- ArtServe has recognized oSouth Florida’s most respected arts influencers and organizations for their contributions to the region’s arts and culture landscape.*
Recipients of the Arts & Culture Visionary Award include:
- City of Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis
- City of Fort Lauderdale Commissioner Steve Glassman
- Broward Cultural Division, represented by Director Phillip Dunlap
Previous recipients of the Arts & Culture Visionary Award include:
- Broward Cultural Council Vice Chair Darran Blake
- Renowned South Florida artist George Gadson
- Art Fort Lauderdale and Choose954 co-founders Andrew Martineau and Evan Snow
- Broward Cultural Council Chair Jodi Jeffreys-Tanner of Las Olas Capital Arts
- WLRN, South Florida’s NPR and PBS TV station
*In celebration of ArtServe’s 30th anniversary this year, a total of 30 honorees will be recognized at similar VIP events across the upcoming artistic season.
Ongoing Exhibit Information
On display until December 27 in the ArtServe gallery; admission to the ongoing visual art exhibition is free and does not include performances. ArtServe gallery hours are Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.