CALL TO ARTISTS - Please review criteria before submitting
Under the artistic direction of curator Sophie Bonet, ArtServe’s 30th Anniversary Season Preview gives audiences a sneak peek into the organization’s 2020 artistic offerings. The immersive, multi-disciplinary showcase includes vibrant, thought-provoking and enriching explorations of culture, spirituality, identity and environment in an ever-fragile world.
Artists are encouraged to submit works representative of at least one of following topics: African Culture, Modern Feminism, Environmental Awareness and Socio-cultural Identity.
- Artists should be South Florida-based.
- Artwork must be original and created during the past 12 months. Submission is limited to 6 pieces per artist.
- Artwork must represent or be inspired in the following concepts: African Culture, Modern Feminism, Environmental Awareness and Socio-cultural Identity.
- Submission is open to 2d/3d works in the following formats: painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, mixed-media, fiber art, audio-visual, ceramics and sculpture.
- Work on canvas must not be framed.
- Works highlighting diversity and inclusion are highly encouraged.
- Artwork must be ready to install, wired and suitable for hanging
- Submit up to 6 works to this Open Call
- You can only apply ONCE to this Open Call
- This is a paid Open Call. No refunds will be issued.
- 2D works should not exceed 60 x 60 inches in any direction. If you wish to submit a larger format, please contact curator directly for approval at email@example.com
- Images must be submitted as .tif , .jpg or .pdf format at 300dpi. Submission is limited to 6 pieces per artist.
- Submission must be accompanied by 1 paragraph statement about the submitted piece(s).
- ArtServe is proud to partner with Artrepreneur. All submissions must be presented in digital form through the Artrepreneur platform.
ACCEPTANCE/ PLACEMENT OF WORK:
All artwork is subject to review & placement discretion by the Curatorial Committee. Exhibit selection is based on relevance to the theme and stated criteria. Placement in gallery is final.
ENTRY FEES (Non-Refundable)
$25 for ArtServe Members
All works must be for sale.
Gallery commission fee is 25% over final sales. This percentage will be added to the artist’s price.
- Submission Deadline: September 29th
- Notice of Acceptance: October 1st.
- Intake: October 3rd through October 5th
- Outtake: January 7th