CALL FOR ARTISTS
Roots of the Spirit: Soulful Expressions of the African Diaspora
Under the artistic direction of Global Curator Ludlow E. Bailey, Roots of the Spirit is multimedia art exhibition, representing a visual and visceral exploration of contemporary African spirituality and aesthetics. The exhibition will be on display January - February 2020.
African spirituality includes notions of African philosophical and theological ideas in global African Diaspora culture.
Artists whose work expresses the connection between Africa and social, cultural, political identity issues that are emerging from the African Diaspora are encouraged to apply.
We are open to receiving works from all artistic disciplines, including, but not limited to, photography, film, sculpture, painting, installation and live performance.
Rules & Guidelines
- We are seeking artists whose art practice is often focused on Black Identity and/or the use of Classical African Culture in creating contemporary visual ideas.
- Performing artists, musician, dancers, please send your submissions directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, include video links (YouTube/Vimeo), images of your work, concept and/or proposal.
- The Application fee is $20 for ArtServe Members and $30 for Non-Members
- Submit up to 10 works to this Open Call
- You can submit multiple entries to this Open Call
- Artwork must be original and created during the past 12 months.
- Submission is limited to 10 pieces per artist.
- 2d Artwork must be ready to install, wired and suitable for hanging.
- Submission must be accompanied by 1 paragraph statement about your piece(s) or proposed performance/installation.
- 2d works should not exceed 60 x 60 inches in any direction. If you wish to submit a larger format please contact ArtServe curatorial committee for approval at email@example.com.
- Please include title, dimensions, medium, description and total value of the work (including 25% gallery fee) for each piece that is being submitted.
- Please review additional rules and terms of service below.
Dates & Deadlines
- Submission Deadline: Thursday, December 26th, 2019.
- Notice of Acceptance: January 2nd, 2020.
- Intake: January 4th – January 7th, 2020.
- VIP Reception & Collectors' Night: January 18th, 6pm -9pm.
- Community Reception: Saturday February 1st, 3pm - 5pm.
- Outtake: February 28th, 2020.
Please submit works through our partners at Artrepreneur by clicking the appropriate button below. Should you have any questions or need assistance, please email ArtServe Curator Sophie Bonet at firstname.lastname@example.org.