CALL TO ARTISTS
Every artist at some stage in their artistic career has used their art making activities as a therapeutic tool toward the process of healing, clearing the mind, and self expression. Whether working through pain, loss, depression, illness or other emotional struggles, art helps to heal the soul.
ArtServe seeks inspirational art pieces that reveal a deeper, underlying message of how art has helped uplift and rejuvenate the spirit. We seek pieces which allow the art work to be a communication tool which creates a vital exchange between artist and patron. REFLECT will be a multi-media exhibition exploring how art heals the soul as both a means of expression and a therapeutic tool. REFLECT is created in collaboration with local non-profit organizations.
AWARDS: Online People’s Choice*
*Art submitted through the online pre-registration ONLY will be eligible for the Online People’s Choice Award
Artwork must fall within the following criteria:
- Works that use art media, words and/ or images in the creative process to create products that are reflections of an individual's development, abilities, personality, interests & concerns while working through internal conflicts.
- Pieces that showcase the reconciling of emotional conflicts, fostering self-awareness, developing social skills, managing behavior, solving problems, reducing anxiety, aiding reality orientation, and increasing self-esteem.
Open to all artists. Up to three (3) original art works in 2D or 3D or up to five pieces of jewelry may be entered. All work must be ready to hang. Jewelry must be tagged prior to intake with a description of each piece and the retail price already on the tag. Work shown in any ArtServe exhibit within the last 12 months will NOT be accepted.
ACCEPTANCE/ PLACEMENT OF WORK:
All artwork is subject to review & placement discretion by the Curatorial Committee. Exhibit selection is based on relevance to the theme and stated criteria. Placement in gallery is final.
ENTRY FEES (Non-Refundable):
- ArtServe Members Free
- ArtServe Student Members $10
- Participating Organization’s Members $25
- General Public $45
IMPORTANT! Please Read….
Submissions not pre-registered in advance (online) will be charged an additional $20 onsite.
Exhibition: May 7 through May 25
Gallery Reception: Thursday, May 17, 2018 ǀ 6-8pm
Online Pre-registration Starts: February 14
Online Pre-registration Ends: May 4, 2018 ǀ 11pm
Art Intake: Saturday, May 5, 2018|10am-2pm
ALL ART must be delivered by 2pm, May 5th, whether you have pre-registered online or not. No entries will be accepted after this date.
ARTWORK SUBMISSION PROCESS:
Online pre-registration is advised www.ArtServe.org
Online registration lets you:
* Benefit from potential Online Gallery sales and
* Be eligible for Online People’s Choice Award
* Be able to post your bio and info on your artworks
* Expedite the intake process – just deliver your art &
Art Pick Up: Saturday, May 26, 2018|10am-noon
Art not picked up by May 26 will become the property of ArtServe, unless prior pick up arrangements are in place.
SALE OF ARTWORK:
ArtServe will add a 25% mark-up to the artist’s price.
- must be wired for hanging
- maximum 60” wide x 60” tall
- maximum height of 7 ft
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT: