Membership Development Coordinator (Part-Time)
The Membership Development Coordinator is responsible for increasing the number of people who support ArtServe as members, at all levels. The position will work closely with the Curatorial and the Marketing Department to coordinate projects that support ArtServe membership. The Membership Development Coordinator plays a key role in building relationships, conveying the value of ArtServe to our members, maintaining membership records and cultivating new members.
Description: Part-time Membership Development Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to develop an annual plan of membership objectives and activities based on ArtServe’s mission and goals. The Coordinator ensures that ArtServe’s members receive high value connections, experience strong customer service, and are aligned with our organization’s mission. They will advocate within ArtServe for our members, ensure that ArtServe’s membership program is well-organized. Additionally, they will work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that membership is fully integrated across all facets of ArtServe’s work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Membership Development Coordinator is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of membership growth. Tasks include:
- Ensuring that data about our members is accurate and up-to-date, using Charity Engine CRM.
- Processing membership applications, managing membership recruitment and renewal appeals.
- Monitoring and reporting on key metrics related to membership growth and generating reports to inform the member engagement strategy.
- Coordinating current member service programs including relationship-building through priority invitation to members-only exhibition previews.
- Coordinating members-only artist mixer and networking events
- Developing and maintaining all office and electronic files and systems associated with the membership roster.
- Assisting with the social media schedule of the Marketing dept. related to membership projects
- Assisting the Curatorial Department in the creation and maintenance of ArtServe Artists/member directory
Member Outreach and Communications
- Serve as central point of contact for members; respond to general inquiries
- Orient new members
- Communicate membership value and benefits to current and prospective members via our website and email communications.
- Develop and implement member recruitment campaigns
- Manage membership application process, including determining the member category and the allocation of membership following ArtServe’s guidelines.
- Coordinate membership initiatives with all departments.
- Establish the overall strategy and the annual calendar of membership events and programs.
- Coordinate ArtServe’s efforts to promote and increase membership on site in the main gallery, as well as through community outreach and special events.
- Manage market research and survey efforts to better understand market size, awareness of ArtServe, and prospective member needs.
- Evaluate and report on effectiveness of all membership and communication efforts.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes special events and press conferences.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Recommend, select, and help locate merchandise for the gift shop to suit ArtServe’s needs
- Arrange and display merchandise
- Replenish and stock merchandise as necessary. Maintain visual displays and overall shop presentation.
- Maintain inventory, sales records and accounts payable for the gift shop
Responsibilities include recruiting and training new volunteers, keeping a database of volunteer information and skills, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed, and conveying the organization’s purpose to the public.
Essential knowledges, skills and abilities:
Good knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office software applications including spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing applications.
- Modern office equipment, printing processes and preparing files for
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to evaluate cost of a program and compare it to the benefits for the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Three (3) years of related sales or customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or work in a art gallery or other nonprofit setting a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; solid interpersonal and organizational skills, including problem solving.
- Demonstrated high level of administrative, organizational, and clerical skills.
- Courteous, helpful, efficient, persuasive, and exercises good judgment.
Event/Night Staff Position (Part-Time)
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The following illustrative responsibilities are not intended to describe every function that may be required by the position of Event/Night Staff at ArtServe. The omission of specific statements or duties does not preclude ArtServe from assigning additional duties which are industry standards and advance the organization. This position’s hours will be 10-20 hours per week.
• Handle set-up / break-down of venue bookings
• Cleaning and transfer of rental rooms between, before, and/or after events
• Assists clientele with tech & event-specific needs
• hosting front desk
• janitorial duties
• general information of facility
• handle issues/ questions from a variety of stakeholders
• closing/opening facility
• Other tasks as assigned
• must be 18 years or older
• must pass a criminal background check
• must have or have access to reliable transportation
• available for on-call work
• ability to lift up to 100lbs
• valid State of Florida driver’s license
Work schedule will include evenings and weekends with some day shifts possible.
About ArtServe: Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, ArtServe is an award-winning, 33-year-old non-profit arts incubator that is advancing the arts for social good. Named a “2020 Top-Rated Nonprofit” by Great Non-profits, ArtServe has won awards for innovation and collaboration for exhibition and programming that substantively contribute to the region’s economy. The organization’s creative and thoughtful projects spark financial vitality by aligning professional artists with the business community.
Kindly submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply for a position with ArtServe.