12 to See
Call to Artists
Exhibit: August 6-31, 2018 | Gallery reception: August 16
“12 to See” will showcase the work of a dozen exciting artistic talents across a wide spectrum of styles and mediums. They will each feature a body of work (5-10 pieces, depending on size and facility space limitations). Paintings, sculptures, textile works, glassworks, photography, digital and installation pieces are encouraged. Think: bold new works that people must see.
Artwork Submission Process:
All submissions of artwork for acceptance in the exhibit will be made through ArtServe’s online registration system. Quality photographs of artwork MUST be included with submission. Online submission of artwork is REQUIRED for consideration.
Online Submission opens: Now
Online Submission ends: No later than July 8, 11 pm, sooner if the twelve spots get filled
Selection: Will be based on 2 factors:
• First come, first served basis
• Range of artistic style and medium, to provide a full spectrum of 2D and 3D art in the exhibition
Notification of Acceptance: Artists will be notified no later than July 23, 2018
Art Intake/Installation: Saturday, July 28 (10 am-2pm)
Art Pick Up: Saturday, Sept 1 (10 am-2pm)
Art not picked up by Oct 1, 2018 will be considered forfeit.
Sale of Artwork: ArtServe will add a 25% mark-up to the artist’s price. On the night of the reception, all artwork in the exhibit will be on sale with a 15% discount off ArtServe’s portion to encourage sales.
• $10 non-refundable entry fee for consideration
• $60 total for ArtServe members who are selected
• $75 total for selected Non-ArtServe members
This is a Juried Exhibition, the Entry Fees are non-refundable. Once you are selected, you must complete the Curatorial fee, $60 for members, or $75 for non-ArtServe members.
Open to all Artists. 2D and 3D works accepted. Theme and medium are both open. Artworks must:
• Showcase a collection or small body of work
• Meet specified minimum and maximum size
• Not have appeared in an ArtServe exhibition in the last 12 months
• Will be selected based on quality, originality,professionalism, and range
• must be wired for hanging
• maximum 84” wide x 84” tall
• maximum height of 7 ft
• maximum floor space of 2 ft x 4 ft
• 2-D and 3D Artists: 5 high resolution images (300 dpi) of original work.
• Artist bio (60 word maximum)
• Artist email, URL and phone number
For Submission Inquiries:
Colette Mello, 954.462.8190 ext 206 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for this project is provided in part by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners as recommended by the Broward Cultural Council. All submitted images may be used for marketing purposes pertaining to the exhibit & online store.