About This Exhibit
• Graduates of the Artist as Entrepreneur Institute.
• Artist must have a website and a strong body of work.
• Open to ALL mediums
• Each artist agrees to market the exhibit via personal social media (Facebook, Instagram, twitter, email, etc)
• AEI graduates will be selected based on quality, craftsmanship and professionalism of their work.
The 11th annual DBA exhibit will showcase an array of South Florida’s most talented artist’s and their interpretation of the theme: TEXTURED.
1. the visual and especially tactile quality of a surface: rough texture.
2.the characteristic structure of the interwoven or intertwined threads, or strands that make up a textile fabric: woven texture.
3. the characteristic physical structure given to a material by the size, shape, arrangement, and proportions of its parts: texture in multiples.
4. an essential or characteristic quality; essence as texture.
5. the distinctive character or quality of something: the texture of life.
Whether a literal or an imaginative interpretation of the theme, creative, outside-of-the-box thinking is strongly encouraged. Working in an array of mediums, all graduates of the Artist as Entrepreneur Institute (AEI) are encouraged to apply, especially those who have not exhibited in the past. Artists with a cohesive interpretation of the theme, excellent craftsmanship and a strong voice as an artist will be considered.
Curator: Erin Bassett
Closing reception Lecturer: Grace Cho