DBA: Textured CALL TO ARTIST
Exhibit Date: June 12th - June 28th
Opening Reception: Thursday 13th | 6pm - 8pm
Closing Reception: June 20th | 6pm
Special Guest Speaker: Grace Cho
Curators: Erin Basset
Artwork Submission Process: All entries for consideration MUST be made through ArtServe’s online registration system (see ENTER NOW link below). Quality photographs of artwork not exceeding 2MB are required for submission.
Online Submission runs: Now- 11:59 pm, May 10, 2019
Notification of Acceptance: Artists will be notified no later than May 17
Art Intake/Installation: Saturday, June 8th (10 am-2pm). Or by special arrangement.
Art Pick Up: Saturday, June 29 (10 am- 2noon)
Sale of Artwork: ArtServe will add a 25% mark-up to the artist’s price.
Entry Fees: $35 non-refundable entry fee for consideration.
The 11th annual DBA exhibit will showcase an array of South Florida’s most talented artist’s and their interpretation of the theme: TEXTURED.
- the visual and especially tactile quality of a surface: rough texture.
2.the characteristic structure of the interwoven or intertwined threads, or strands that make up a textile fabric: woven texture.
- the characteristic physical structure given to a material by the size, shape, arrangement, and proportions of its parts: texture in multiples.
- an essential or characteristic quality; essence as texture.
- the distinctive character or quality of something: the texture of life.
Whether a literal or an imaginative interpretation of the theme, creative, outside-of-the-box thinking is strongly encouraged. Working in an array of mediums, all graduates of the Artist as Entrepreneur Institute (AEI) are encouraged to apply, especially those who have not exhibited in the past. Artists with a cohesive interpretation of the theme, excellent craftsmanship and a strong voice as an artist will be considered.
Curator: Erin Bassett
Closing reception Lecturer: Grace Cho
- Graduates of the Artist as Entrepreneur Institute.
- Artist must have a strong body of work.
- Open to ALL mediums
- Each artist agrees to market the exhibit via personal social media (Facebook, Instagram, twitter, email, etc)
- AEI graduates will be selected based on quality, craftsmanship and professionalism of their work.
• 2-D and 3D Artists: 5 high resolution images (300 dpi) of original work.
• Performing Artists: 5 one-minute video clips of 5 works
• Artist bio (60 word maximum)
• Artist statement
• Artist email, URL and phone number
Acceptance/Placement of Artwork: Artwork is subject to review and placement by the discretion of the Curatorial Committee. Gallery placement is final.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT:
954.462.8190 ext. 206
Funding for this project is provided in part by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners as recommended by the Broward Cultural Council