AVANT GARDE CALL TO ARTIST
Curators: Lee Brock & Harriet Silverstein
Artwork Submission Process: All entries for consideration MUST be made through ArtServe’s online registration system (see ENTER NOW link below). Quality photographs of artwork not exceeding 2MB are required for submission.
Online Submission runs: Now- 11:59 pm, April 13, 2018
Notification of Acceptance: Artists will be notified no later than April 16
Art Intake/Installation: Saturday, May 26 (10 am-noon). Or by special arrangement.
Art Pick Up: Saturday, June 23 (10 am- 2pm)
Sale of Artwork: ArtServe will add a 25% mark-up to the artist’s price.
Entry Fees: $35 non-refundable entry fee for consideration.
Theme: AVANT GARDE
To celebrate ten years of DBA we are curating an exhibition of art that speaks innovation and quality. Art with technique, subject matter, or application that seeks to transcend the common standards. Challenge your creative and critical thinking skills to take your place as an Avant-Garde artist of the 21st century with art that “challenges the artist and the future.”
• All graduates of the Artist as Entrepreneur Institute, regardless of having shown in past DBA shows.
• Artist must have a website and a minimum body of work of 10 pieces that depict a new dimension that they are pursuing.
• Each artist agrees to market the exhibit via personal social media (Facebook, Instagram, twitter, email, etc.)
• AEI graduates will be selected based on quality and professionalism of their work.
• 2-D and 3D Artists: 5 high resolution images (300 dpi) of original work.
• Performing Artists: 5 one-minute video clips of 5 works
• Artist bio (60 word maximum)
• Artist statement
• Artist email, URL and phone number
Acceptance/Placement of Artwork: Artwork is subject to review and placement by the discretion of the Curatorial Committee. Gallery placement is final.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT:
954.462.8190 ext. 206
Funding for this project is provided in part by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners as recommended by the Broward Cultural Council